Single mothers with a the idea of initiating a business need funding so that their project can take off. Such funding can be availed in the form of a loan which has to be paid in the form of monthly installments else it can be gained through a grant.
Grant money is provided by many agencies and the money given is quite sufficient to initiate business and advertise it well. Furthermore, there is no need to pay it back.
Grants To Single Mothers For Starting A Business
• Check out grants.gov which is basically a site that offers information on all federal grants, which makes it the best resource to find small business grants and by narrowing your search, you can learn which ones are given to single mother alone. Here, you will find information on the various government agencies offering such grants and how to avail them.
• National Association for the Self-Employed (NASE) Growth Grants is one of the best means of getting money to start a small business, provided you become their member by paying a $120 fee. In order to gain access to specific amount of money, you need to demonstrate skills for it. The grant can be applied in their site and there is the chance to get grant prizes of $4000 each.
• Look into IdeaCafe Grant, which is offers grants to anyone who wants to start a small business but most people getting it are women entrepreneurs. It is a micro grant of Rs.1000, one that can be availed by just filling out an application. The amount dispersed is $1000 and is best for innovative small business ideas, which can be initiated within or equal to this amount.
• Check out the Eileen Fischer grant which offers a considerable amount to women with good business ideas and interests. In order to avail it, about 51 percent of the business ownership must be in the hands of the applicant and the business must have been operated for about three years. Every year, ten business owners are granted money from it.
• The Girlboss Foundation grant is an interesting one, which can be availed by women working in creative industries. Through the grant, a funding of $15000 can be availed and the business that is going to be initiated will get exposure through the Girlboss website and various types fo digital channels.
• GrantsforWomen.org is a wonderful resource of information on grants for women entrepreneurs, no matter what their industry. This site gives a wide range of opportunities that can be availed to get grants for starting desired business.
• The Fedex Business Grant is offered for any type of business ideas. In addition to the money made available through funding, the winner also gets free Fedex business services and printing services. Since 2013, this grant has provided about $250000 to women entrepreneurs all over the country.
• Why not try out the InnovateHer Challenge which is hosted by the U.S Small Business administration (SBA). Enter the competition, with a marketable product or service that can transform women’s lives or benefit it positively. After the first level of competition is over, you will go to the second level and in the finals there will be three winners who will get $40,000, $20,000, and $10,000.