Fulbright Nehru Master Fellowships
Fulbright Nehru Master Fellowships
You dream to get higher studies from abroad; your wish gets fulfilled with Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowship. These fellowships are designed exclusively for Indians with outstanding capabilities to avail a master’s degree program from selected colleges and universities of US. The fellowships are majorly for Indians who are residing in India and reflect leadership qualities and are highly motivated. The fellowships are highly beneficial for individuals who are focused and passionate about their future.
What are the education fields covered in the Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowship programs?
These fellowships are of at least one-two years of duration and the areas or fields that are covered in the fellowship include:
- Art and Culture Management that also covers fields like Heritage conservation and Museum Studies
- Environmental Science/Studies
- Higher Education Administration
- Public Health
- Urban and regional Planning
- Women’s Studies/ Gender Studies
Important Note: For the session of 2015-2016 some fields are not applicable under Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships.
These fields include:
- Business Administration
- Public Administration
Therefore, USIEF will not be funding any master’s degree in the fields that are not included in the session 2014-2015.
What are the basic requirements to enroll under Fulbright- Nehru master’s Fellowships?
The basic requirements to be a part of any fellowships include:
It is important that an individual willing to enroll should have completed a bachelor’s degree in India that is equivalent to the degree in United States.
- Work experience of professional level of at least three years is mandatory.
- The individual must be committed to return to his home country and should make contribution to his community.
What are the Grant benefits an individual receives when enrolled for the Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships?
There are many grant benefits one can avail when enrolled in fellowships like:
Visa support for the individuals enrolling in fellowship programs (J-1)
- An air travel in economy class is also provided; this round-trip is from the home city individual’s to the main institution in the United States.
- Funds for tuition and fees
- Living and related costs (conditions apply)
- AS per the guidelines of US government, exchanges for accidental and sickness program is also provided.
It is important to take note that that USIEF funding scheme will not be able to cover the entire cost and any individual who enrolls in these fellowships will require to supplement the grant benefits provided with different resources as well.
Note: The Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowship program will not provide any support in terms of finance for individuals that are dependent.
How can an Individual apply for Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships?
The easy way to apply for these fellowships is through online submission of application form. The application due date is 1 July,2014. Any application received after deadline will be rejected. The application form is available at the official website. Also adhere to the rules and regulations for filling the form.
Session – 2016-2017
What is the eligibility for Fulbright- Nehru Master’s Fellowships?
Apart from the general requirements mentioned above, one should also be eligible on following grounds:
The applicant must complete bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with minimum 55% marks and should be equivalent to that of US bachelor’s degree. Only applicants with a 4-year degree of bachelor’s or a master’s degree completed, if the duration of the bachelor’s degree is less of less than four years are only eligible.
- A full time work experience of professional level of minimum three years is required. The work experience must be relevant to the field of study you have applied for. The work experience can be paid or voluntary.
- An individual must reflect leadership and community service experience
- You must not enroll in any other US degree program or should not have any degree from a United States University before applying for fellowship program.
- If already working or employed one should read and follow instructions applicable for employer’s endorsement carefully.
You should get a Fulbright Nehru Masters Employer’s Endorsement form from and also indicate that you will be granted leave during fellowship period.
Hope these Help! Fellowships, Scholarships & Assistantships
GSE Grant and Scholarship Writer
Follow me at @Gsesoftsolution
To know latest updates about Grants and Scholarships
Follow us at https://twitter.com/GrantScholarshp