HOPE Program Scholarships And How To Avail It To Reduce Tuition Fees?
HOPE Program And How To Avail It To Reduce Tuition Fees?
The US government offers different kinds of funding to students by which they will be able to better manage the college fees. Having a good college education is the fundamental to getting the desired jobs in which they can show outstanding performance.
Many students were able to display excellent performance in the academics but are put down by the fact that their family income isn’t enough to support a good higher education.The HOPE program seeks to resolve such situations by offering enough money for the student to complete the desired educational program and gain necessary skills that make them eligible for high paying job opportunities.
About HOPE Program
Out of the money scholarship programs that help students who are high achievers but facing difficulty in paying their educational expenses, an important one is HOPE.
It is also known as Help Outstanding People Education and it is a program by which students get necessary funding to pay their tuition fees when they are unable to do so due to financial constraints. It was created by Georgia governor Zen Miller and offer money for students who take up diploma certificate programs or graduate courses in public private colleges and universities.
It is specifically meant for those who strong in academics and have shown good scores. It is to be noted that in 2018 more than 1.5 million students were benefited by this particular scholarship program which shows its level of outreach and how is can be used to pay for the tuition fees of the course that a student really wants to do. In assisting students in this way, this scholarship program paves the way for them to learn suitable skills, by which later they can earn a high income.
Key Points To Note On Hope Scholarships
- It is a program that awards scholarships only to those who are capable of showing sound academic performance, indicating that it is a merit-based scholarship. The amount provided is the maximum that a student is eligible for in a semester.
- Students become eligible only when he or she is capable of showing up 3.0 grade average in high school or college, has not committed any legal offences and satisfies the criteria of being a US citizen and Georgia’s resident.
- Furthermore the applicant must comply with the criteria laid down for selective service registration.
- It is to be noted that the HOPE scholarship program is only available for those who have graduated from high school or who are yet to complete their graduation in college.
Hope Scholarships Eligibility Criteria
- You can become eligible for the scholarship by being either HOPE program high school graduate or diploma holder with a minimum 3.0 grade point average.
- Furthermore, the student must specifically seek a degree in a HOPE eligible college or university in Georgia.
- In case the student is from a ineligible high school, he or she should have 75 percent or higher in SAT, ACT else should have completed a home study program in Georgia else should have earned a GED.
- Those who have finished a bachelor’s degree cannot apply for it and the last date for application every year is the 1st of March.
- In the event that a student receives funds from some other source the amount given by this scholarship program will be reduced.
- A student was already completed 127 hours in the college university cannot apply for this scholarship program.
- It is to be noted that the HOPE scholarship program offers money only for tuition fees.
- The amount that it offers cannot be used to make payment for book allowances or mandatory fees.
- Furthermore, it cannot be used to make payments for remedial classes
Application for Hope Program
To apply for the HOPE Scholarship, students must follow the registration demands of the school they chose.
- Public colleges, universities, and technical colleges – Students planning to attend a public college, university, or technical college, they have two options for applying for the HOPE Scholarship.
- Apply By Filling FAFSA(Free Application for Federal Student Aid) form.
- Apply Online electronically
- Private colleges and universities – If you are planning to attend private college or universities, you need to fill the HOPE/TEG application to be considered for the HOPE Scholarship.
How to apply for hope scholarship, hope it helps you to apply for HOPE scholarships.